There are some factors that affect your chances of victimized by gallstones.
• Gender – Women are more prone to getting gallstones than men, particularly pregnant women.
• Age – Older people over the age of 60.
• Race – American Indians and Mexicans are more likely to be affected.
• Weight – Like any other illness, people who are obese and have high cholesterol in their system have increased risks.
• Diet – High-fat diet, High-cholesterol diet and Low-fiber diet
• Medication – Cholesterol-lowering drugs and hormone therapy drugs